again... [mapserver-users] mapext=shapes and projection on the fly.

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Mar 14 13:15:47 EST 2002

Hmm... I'm assuming then that shapes aren't getting projected at some
point in the process. I've got a hunch
where but can't look at the moment. Would you please file this as a bug
at mapserver.gis.umn.edu/bugs. I'm
thinking there might be a quick fix if I'm right.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Bullock, Martha F ERDC-CRREL-NH"
<Martha.F.Bullock at erdc.usace.army.mil> 03/07/02 11:56AM >>>
I'm having the same problem - has anyone come up with a solution yet?

Issuing mode, qlayer, (and filter) with mapext=shapes in an
application
where the layers and map are NOT projected works just as one would
expect
(the feature is highlighted and defines the mapextent).
However, specifying mode, qlayer, (and filter) and mapext=shapes with
PROJECTED LAYER does not work.  Instead, the map zooms to the very
center of
your map at the web object MINSCALE. (as Debbie explains below).

Is this a bug or are we missing an essential parameter?

I'm sure I could work around it by hard-coding extents, but would
rather not
if someone has an alternative way around this.

Thanks so much -- Martha