[mapserver-users] RE: weirdest problem w/PHP

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu Mar 14 15:31:55 EST 2002

ok... here's some more.

If I run the script via the browser it croaks... it says

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/var/www/html/test.php on line 3

However, if I run the same script from the terminal (%] php test.php) it
works absolutely fine... connects to MySQL, returns the data, prints it out,
etc. etc.

What is it about the browser that it refuses to recognize the mysql
functions of PHP? Btw, other PHP functions seem to work. This is on a RH
Linux box.

pk/