[mapserver-users] Nationalatlas Shapefile Projection

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Mar 21 23:39:21 EST 2002

Sathis -

Your EXTENT numbers are in the same units your output projection is in.
If you're displaying decimal degrees, the extents work.  When you
project the output to LCC, the units change completely, and the EXTENT
numbers now specify a tiny little area that's nowhere near the United
States.  That's why you get a blank image.

    - Ed
Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com