[mapserver-users] WMS and additional dimension

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at em.agr.ca
Fri Mar 22 14:10:32 EST 2002

Hi all,
I am relatively new to WMS and am looking for some help concerning the use of dimensions / additional parameters.  I am using Mapserver to create maps of various taxa.  I would like to pass a parameter in the URL such as:
http://myhostname?VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetMap&taxa=Vanessa+cardui

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to do this?  I am setting up the WMS metadata in the Mapserver .map file.  I'm not sure where the additional information should go (WEB object?) and what the parameter names should be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
D. Pagurek