[mapserver-users] Fwd: imgxy

Vu Pham vu at sivell.com
Fri Mar 22 16:39:52 EST 2002

Steve Lime wrote:

> imgxy
>
> orkun <temiz at deprem.gov.tr>
>
> Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:58:59 +0200
>
> steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
>

> Hi
>
> I couldn't locate the maps at the center of the view when I performed
> zooming, although
> I manipulated imgxy. (But I don't know the logic of imgxy in depth. )
>
> How can I solve this problem ?
> Would you give some hints ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Let me try to answer your question [ I just got it answered yesterday :-) ]
When you don't click on the map itself , e.g. you click on the
submit-type button of the form, then imgxy will be used as the center
point for zooming.
If the map size if X and Y, and imgxy will be "X/2-1  Y/2-1 " ( perhaps
X/2 -0.5 and Y/2 -0.5 is more exactly ).

For example, my img size is 220 300 ( well, it loads it on my pocket pc
), then my form has this line :
<input type="hidden" name="imgxy" value="109 149">

( When you click on the map then img.x and img.y will be used )

HTH,

Vu