[mapserver-users] php code at website, mapserver at home, how to configure Apache?

E Perik erwin at perik.nu
Thu Mar 28 15:34:58 EST 2002

Hi Jan,

If you got it working local and you have an "always on" internet
connection it should be visible for the outside using your IP-address.

You now use localhost or 127.0.0.1 to see your map, but if you use your
'own' IP address it should be visible for you and everyone else.

If you are behind a firewall, make sure you use another port.
Thought you used Apache, so check your 'Httpd.conf' --> Port 80 (or
8080)

Best would be if you have a static IP address. If not you could use
http://www.dyndns.org/ to make it static.

Erwin