[mapserver-users] RE: County Projection Help

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Fri May 10 10:10:24 EDT 2002

Figured it out.

For the sake of the Archive, false easting and northing should be given in
meters. If your data is in feet, use the "to_meter" parameter. So, in my
PROJ4 definition, the following line:

"x_0=245000"

should be

"x_0=74676.149352"

That is, the FGDC Projection specifies a false easting of 245,000 feet (an I
know the image coordinates for the georeferencing are in feet). Apparently
PROJ4 expects false easting to be in meters. So, multiplying:

 245,000 * 0.3048006096 = 74676.149352

Using this value, the data lines right up!

Chip