[mapserver-users] MapServer and 2000

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Fri May 10 12:08:46 EDT 2002

Ted -

I can probably comment, but I don't *quite* understand Puneet's comment.  Obviously, every Web server needs a hardware server (running some operating system) to run on, so saying IIS requires a Win server isn't that surprising.  On the other hand, it might mean that IIS requires a WINDOWS server as opposed to other Web servers that run on a variety of operating systems (such as Apache, for example).

If you're running MapServer as a CGI app, there's not much difference I can think of between using that CGI app from Apache or using it from IIS on the same machine.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com