[mapserver-users] Complex Symbols?

Martin, Daniel DMartin at erac.com
Fri Nov 1 12:41:35 EST 2002

I scoured the mailing lists for information on making the exact same symbol
recently.  It shows up in the archives several times.  I hate to say
anything can't be done, but I've not found any way to do this in MapServer.
MapServer gives a continuous smear for symbols for "line" type layers.

I got close using a centered truetype "t" label without any symbol.
Unfortunately it doesn't turn out quite right.  Labeling occurs on a per
segment basis, which gives no uniformity.  It was a hack anyway.

-Dan