[mapserver-users] Shapefile Modification

Keith Baker krbaker at metacarta.com
Mon Nov 4 12:31:39 EST 2002

I have some basic shapefiles of the world, and then I have tiger
shapfiles.  The world shapefiles have some duplicated data such as US
roads.  I'd like to trim all data within the US out of the world data.
This seems like a somewhat common task so I am hoping there is a tool
out there?  Something like trim north_american_highways.shp with
usa_polygon.shp...  Hints? tips? evil vibes?