[mapserver-users] How to get rid of stock credits

Dean Gadoury gadoury at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 5 13:50:51 EST 2002

MapLab specific questions can be posted the the maplab list. To
subscribe see: http://lists.dmsolutions.ca/mailman/listinfo/maplab-users

To answer your question though: You can get rid of that text by editing
the html code for the page. The trick is that it is found in
x_contents.php, where x is the name you gave your application. You can
also modify other page elements in this file, like colours, fonts or
even the layout, but I will include 2 major cautionary notes.

1. If you modify any code in this file and re-open the project in
GMapFactory, your changes will be overwritten automatically by GMF. So
if you delete the credit line using your favorite text editor, then open
the project in GMF again the credit line will re-appear. This is the
expected and desired behaviour of GMF. So go ahead and make changes, but
it is best to make sure your application is finalized first. As long as
you don't open the project in GMF again you should have no problems.

2. Unless you really know what you're doing you shouldn't edit anything
inside the php code tags: <?php  ?>

I hope that answers your question.

Dean

--