[mapserver-users] My gis program

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Nov 7 00:11:03 EST 2002

Puneet et al,

Yes, it is possible to run as an apache module, but if you start
getting multiple hits you run the risk of one process trashing the
data of another. I never ran into a problem when I originally had PHP
built as an apache module, but then I was the only user :)

I know a lot of work has been done regarding thread safety, but I
don't think all of the issues have be resolved or if the developer
even know what they all might be. This makes it extremely risky for a
production environment.

YMMV,
  -Steve W.