[mapserver-users] My gis program

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Wed Nov 6 20:21:17 EST 2002

Well, the verdict is far from concrete.

I tried running mapserver with mod_perl and received a bunch of errors.
But it worked. There was a discussion about this, and it was concluded
that the errors were a result of mod_perl. Eventually I got rid of
mod_perl and ran mapserver... I still get a bunch of errors... but it
works. The errors are mainly of the kind...

[Wed Nov  6 17:44:07 2002] index.pl:    (in cleanup) Not a HASH
reference at /Library/Perl/darwin/mapscript.pm line 1144 during global
destruction.
[Wed Nov  6 17:44:07 2002] index.pl:    (in cleanup) Not a HASH
reference at /Library/Perl/darwin/mapscript.pm line 2415 during global
destruction.
[Wed Nov  6 17:44:07 2002] index.pl: Use of uninitialized value in
exists at /Library/Perl/darwin/mapscript.pm line 2417 during global
destruction.

but, as I said, it still works.

I would really like for mapserver to work with mod_perl. Primarily, I
would like to use HTML::Mason (or embperl). I have been developing a
generic application using HTML::Template, but Mason prefers mod_perl.

Steve Lime would be able to comment definitely when that would be
possible.

Thanks,

Puneet.

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 06:59  AM, woodbri at swoodbridge.com