[mapserver-users] Possible bug? or bad configuration!

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Nov 7 14:30:40 EST 2002

Dragos Lipan wrote:

> Testing several old .map files, I noticed that if
> I use in a Layer Section the keyword 'Size', the output will have all
> the time black color,
> no matter what COLOR 193 23 25 I used.
>
> It might be a bug (not sure ... can be a misconfiguration???).
> I'm using Mapserver 3.6.3.

There is no 'SIZE' keyword in the LAYER object, but there is one in the
CLASS object, so I assume that you meant that if a class had a SIZE
value set then the color would always be black.

This is odd for sure, but color and size are used in classes all the
time and they usually work, so perhaps the problem would be with your
build of MapServer: first make sure you do not have an old
/usr/local/lib/libmap.am (if you have one then delete it), then rerun
configure and run 'make clean; make' in the mapserver directory and try
again with the new executables.

If this still happens after that then please file a bug in the MapServer
bugzilla with a sample mapfile that reproduces this.  (A ZIP with a tiny
mapfile with associated data that reproduces this would be best)

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca