[mapserver-users] epsg >> NOT

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 7 16:40:24 EST 2002

Murray, Ross wrote:
> Pray tell whither this error:
>
> msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2
>
> I am sure I had Proj support as in:
>
> <!-- MapServer version 3.6.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
> INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=SDE INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
>
> But if I include
>
> PROJECTION
>   "init=espg:4267"
> END
>
> in LAYER or MAP or both I get the above error, and if I leave it out I get
>
> msBuildWMSLayerURL(): WMS connection error. Layer must have an EPSG
> projection code (in its PROJECTION object or wms_srs metadata)
>
> Stalemate, what?

Ross,

errno = 2 is ENOENT which means file not found.  Sorry for the awful error
message, but basically I think the epsg file isn't found.  Please ensure that
the PROJ_LIB environment variable points to the directory with the EPSG file
in it.  On unix this is normally installed into /usr/local/share/proj,
and it is in the nad directory within the proj distribution.

Best regards,