[mapserver-users] WFS support

Matthew Hatcher MJHatcher at space.qinetiq.com
Fri Nov 8 11:03:27 EST 2002

Hi all,

What is the current progress of the WFS support within mapserver? I've had a
look at some of the source code and it seems to be fairly well progressed,
but I haven't been able to get a compilation environment working under Win32
yet, so haven't been able to test it.

Does anybody have any builds of mapserver (3.6.x or 3.7) that has all the
input and wms formats built in? I'm not bothered about PDF, SWF or SDE, but
I'd like OGR and GDAL, and WMS/WFS as a minimum.

My problems with compilation are a whole other can of worms! My main issues
are with getting GD and libwww built properly. I think I've cracked GD, but
libwww is still causing me problems. Does anybody have a build of libwww
(with all the header files etc. that are needed) that it would be possible
for them to make available? Or simply some advice on what pitfalls they've
come across.

Cheers, Matt.

The information contained in this email and any subsequent
 correspondence is private and is intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). For those other than the intended
 recipient(s) any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such
information is prohibited and may be unlawful.