[mapserver-users] WFS support

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Nov 11 23:52:13 EST 2002

> Matthew Hatcher wrote:
>
> What is the current progress of the WFS support within mapserver? I've
> had a look at some of the source code and it seems to be fairly well
> progressed, but I haven't been able to get a compilation environment
> working under Win32 yet, so haven't been able to test it.

You're right there is some useable WFS support in MapServer and it's
been there for a few weeks.  I've just added a copy of my draft docs for
it in the wiki at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WFSMapServer

You can use it already, but there are a few things missing before it's
really useful, mainly the attribute filter and query support, these
should be added in the near future.

> Does anybody have any builds of mapserver (3.6.x or 3.7) that has all
> the input and wms formats built in? I'm not bothered about PDF, SWF or
> SDE, but I'd like OGR and GDAL, and WMS/WFS as a minimum.

There is no win32 build with WFS on our download site yet, and the
Windows makefiles in CVS are not updated to build with WFS either.  So
your options are either to wait a few weeks until we have time to
package prebuilt win32 binaries, or use Linux if you can, or finally if
you feel brave and want to try building yourself on windows then see the
"special build considerations" in the WFS draft HOWTOs.  Note that if
you try the build yourself then you're left on your own since supporting
everyone doing their own windows builds is just too time consuming.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca