[mapserver-users] beginner getting started

Thomas P. Colson tpcolson at nexussoft.com
Mon Nov 11 10:40:29 EST 2002

Here's a good link for RH installation:

Hint: Don't install RH with RH PHP installed. Hint 2: Make sure Apache is up and running before you compile any of the libraries. Hint 3: Make sure you get GIF image support running, and tested with the PHP info script. You'll pull your hair out trying to get the demos to work without GIF support (they can work, with a lot of code hacking).