[mapserver-users] Re: Couldn't run perl mapscript under Apache

pkishor_98 pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Mon Nov 11 22:12:50 EST 2002

--- In mapserver-users at y..., "krung" <krung at c...> wrote:
> Apache, it showed only one line "Premature end of script
> header:/mapserver/testmap.pl". With this error_log file,
> I'm very sure it printed out only one line of error per
> access to this script.

it will show only one line unless you run perl with the -w switch

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

Please use the -w switch, or use diagnostics.

> Thanks
> Krung

> From: "Lowell Filak"<lfilak at m...>
> Date:  Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:25:55 -0500
>
> >If you run the script at the command line and then immediately do
"cat mapserver.log" what does it show?
> >If you also do "ls -l mapserver.log" what does it show?
> >Lowell F.
> >
> >The following message was sent by "krung" <krung at c...> on Sun, 10
Nov 2002 00:09:08 +0700.

> >> Hi Lowell, Puneet
> >>
> >> I tried as you told me. If I ran with command line, mapserver.log
was created whem error occured. But when run on Apache, mapserver's
never created as error occured. (access right with this directory'd
set to 777 already) So I checked it at error_log of httpd log file,
but it's non-sense to me. It showed only "Premature of script headers:
/usr/mapserver/testmap.pl".

> >> And I tried to change script logic flow as you, Puneet, told me.
It's the same error as before (Internal Server Error).

> >> Do I have to specially configure when I create mapserver program?
Any comments, help, advice would be graceful.