[mapserver-users] oracle8.1.7 and mapserver

nida Khan nida at webstar.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 09:28:25 EST 2002

Hi,

Thank you so much Yu-Hsin for your reply,
luckily I found a windows binary for oracle on some site!
It works fine when it reads a shape file, but when I try to connect to oracle database it does'nt any image! as if it didnt find any thing (nothing in log file either).

I've got a demo data from "mapviewer" in my oracle database!
and this is what I'm using in my layer

(this is a example layer from postgres)

NAME ORA
EXTENT -159.6 28.77 -71.4667 70.5
SIZE 400 300
LAYER # start of the "cities" layer object
  CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
  NAME "cheshire"
  CONNECTION scott/tiger at MYDB
  DATA "select geom from cities"
  #FILTER "city = 'Albany' "
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POINT
  CLASS
    COLOR 120 120 220
    OUTLINECOLOR 10 10 0
  END # end of class object
END # end of layer object
END # end of map file

(from my Oracle db)
SQL> select * from cities where city='Albany';

LOCATION(SDO_GTYPE, SDO_SRID, SDO_POINT(X, Y, Z), SDO_ELEM_INFO, SDO_ORDINATES)
CITY                                       ST      POP90     RANK90
SDO_GEOMETRY(2001, NULL, SDO_POINT_TYPE(-73.799017, 42.66575, NULL), NULL, NULL)
Albany                                     NY     101082        192

Now is there anything I need to change in the layer to get this data from the database???

I really appreciate your help!
Kind Regards
Nida.