[mapserver-users] maperror.h - MESSAGELENGTH isnt long enough for my messages

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Fri Nov 15 14:23:17 EST 2002

I've been having trouble figuring out why I kept crashing mapserver.
The problem is that the maximum size of the error message to return is
2k, and my error message is a bit longer.  In order to be more helpful
(and quit answering the same questions) the postgis error message send
back the user manal.

Anyone mind if I up this to 4k? and the ROUTINELENGTH to a larger value
too?  I dont think we're allocating more than one so it shouldnt cause
any problems down the road.

Either that or have msSetError(...) use vsnprintf() instead of just
vsprintf().

dave