[mapserver-users] MapServer + Weather Data

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Sun Nov 17 01:50:14 EST 2002

I am guessing you could do it with some clever SQL, which turns your
weather information into values which map to your display requirements.
You would want the wind speed mapping to letters which correspond to the
symbols in your font set. You would then use that field as your
LABELITEM in an annotation layer. You would also get the direction, and
use that as the LABELANGLEITEM. The result should be the symbols you
want, rotated in the correct directions.