[mapserver-users] SDE performance

C F gis_consultant at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 13:24:01 EST 2002

Regarding MapServer creating a NEW db connection for each db layer.... is
anyone else taking this seriously?  I thought this would be just the
beginning of the discussion but there doesn't seem to be too much interest
in this besides us few.  This seems like a pretty unnecessary performance
constraint.  I would think that it would be a fairly easy fix, but it's not
my place to be making those assumptions... But I just thought I'd bring it
up again in case everyone forgot :)