[mapserver-users] gmap demo segfault

Caffeinate The World mochaexpress at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 15:12:05 EST 2002

I turned on --enable-debug on the mapsever compile only.. php cgi currently doesn't have it turned on:
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libproj.so...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/pkg/lib/libtiff.so.3...done.
#0  0x16220d06c in drawTIFF (map=0x0, layer=0x1a5, img=0x120456000,
    filename=0x0) at mapraster.c:828
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
828               vv=buf[xi+boffset];
(gdb) bt
#0  0x16220d06c in drawTIFF (map=0x0, layer=0x1a5, img=0x120456000,
    filename=0x0) at mapraster.c:828
warning: Hit heuristic-fence-post without finding
warning: enclosing function for address 0x1202fd370
This warning occurs if you are debugging a function without any symbols
(for example, in a stripped executable).  In that case, you may wish to
increase the size of the search with the `set heuristic-fence-post' command.

 Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress at yahoo.com> wrote:
I narrowed the segfault down to this section of gmap75.map:
LAYER
  NAME grid
  METADATA
    "DESCRIPTION" "Grid"
  END
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS OFF
  DATA grid
  CLASS
    NAME "Graticule"
    COLOR 0 0 0
  END
END # Layer
I still don't know what's causing the segfault. The php.core I have doesn't have debug on to do a backtrace.
 Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress at yahoo.com> wrote:
mapserver-3.6.3
php-4.2.2 (cgi and apache  mod)
NetBSD-Alpha-1.5.2
Apache-1.3.22

I got mapserver going and the default demo working. Then I tried the gmap-3.6 demo and it segmentation fault at the line denoted by "HERE" below :

function GMapDrawMap()
{
    GLOBAL $gpoMap, $gbShowQueryResults;
    GLOBAL $gbIsHtmlMode;