[mapserver-users] gmap demo segfault

Caffeinate The World mochaexpress at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 21:03:32 EST 2002

ns01$ shp2img -m gmap75.map -o testoutput.png
Segmentation fault - core dumped
I think it's having problems loading the 'DATA bath_mapserver.tif
' file. I converted the 'bath_mapserver.tif' to 'bath_mapserver.png' and replaced that DATA line and no more coredump.
I'm wondering if this is due to mapserver or libtiff.
 Dylan Keon <keon at nacse.org> wrote:Next, try running shp2img against your mapfile to see if it can process
the TIFF. In case you don't know, shp2img is packaged with MapServer,
and is a command-line utility that will parse the mapfile and render an
output image. Do something like this command and then view the output
image to see if it works:

% shp2img -m my_mapfile.map -o output.png

--Dylan