[mapserver-users] gmap demo segfault

Caffeinate The World mochaexpress at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 21:06:57 EST 2002

yes to both your questions. i had this same problem when i tried working with mapserver in the year 2000, but gave up on it. i'm wondering if it's related to my 64-bit DEC Alpha being 64-bit.
 Jonathon Coombes <jon at cybersite.com.au> wrote: On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 11:36, Caffeinate The World wrote:

> I further narrowed down the cause of the problem. I commented out the line below:
> DATA bath_mapserver.tif
> and the applet loaded. There seems to be a problem with loading tif files.
> LAYER
> NAME bathymetry
> METADATA
> "DESCRIPTION" "Elevation/Bathymetry"
> END
> TYPE RASTER
> STATUS ON
> # DATA bath_mapserver.tif
> END

Did you have the libtiff.so library available and the
tiff option turned on when compiling the mapserver software?

Jonathon