[mapserver-users] Mapserver 3.7 ItemQuery

netGIS Site Manager siteman at netgis.nl
Tue Nov 26 14:01:12 EST 2002

Hello listmembers!

I recently joined this list, being a former MapInfo employee, I am trilled by all the functionallity with OGR! This beats MapXtreme on all fronts!

I got a small pilot running at  http://netgis.mine.nu/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=%2Fdata%2Fzeeland.map. All works excellent.

However, I can't get my itemquery to run.

currently I have the querable layer like this:
(Municipalities)

LAYER
  NAME gemeente
  DATA gemeente_region
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POLYGON
#    FILTERITEM "MUNNAME"
#    FILTER "value"
  CLASS
    NAME "Gemeente"
    TEMPLATE zeeland_template.htm
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  END
END

The query I ran against it (when the # signs where out) was:

http://netgis.mine.nu/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=%2Fdata%2Fzeeland.map&qlayer=gemeente&mode=itemnquery&item=gemeente&value=GOES

But I can't get it to work! I even switched to 3.7, but no difference. Eventually I completely lost track of my actions, an having the FILTER there without the # even made my entire layer disapear..

Can anyone tell me the exact syntax for the query? Is it documented somewhere cause I can't seem to find it...

I would also like to take part in documenting the features in an objectmodel, who can tell me where I can join?

kind regards!

Milo van der Linden
www.netgis.nl
Hogeweg 63, 4328PB  Burgh Haamstede