[mapserver-users] Mapserver 3.7 ItemQuery

Name wesp at gdv.com
Tue Nov 26 17:36:11 EST 2002

IIRC FILTER must be

 FILTER "[value]"

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:01:12 +0100, "netGIS Site Manager"
<siteman at netgis.nl> wrote :

> Hello listmembers!
>
> I recently joined this list, being a former MapInfo employee, I am
trilled by all the functionallity with OGR! This beats MapXtreme on all
fronts!

> I got a small pilot running at  http://netgis.mine.nu/cgi-
bin/mapserv.exe?map=%2Fdata%2Fzeeland.map. All works excellent.

> However, I can't get my itemquery to run.
>
> currently I have the querable layer like this:
> (Municipalities)
>
> LAYER
>   NAME gemeente
>   DATA gemeente_region
>   STATUS DEFAULT
>   TYPE POLYGON
> #    FILTERITEM "MUNNAME"
> #    FILTER "value"
>   CLASS
>     NAME "Gemeente"
>     TEMPLATE zeeland_template.htm
>     OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
>   END
> END
>
> The query I ran against it (when the # signs where out) was:
>
> http://netgis.mine.nu/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=%2Fdata%
2Fzeeland.map&qlayer=gemeente&mode=itemnquery&item=gemeente&value=GOES

> But I can't get it to work! I even switched to 3.7, but no difference.
Eventually I completely lost track of my actions, an having the FILTER
there without the # even made my entire layer disapear..

> Can anyone tell me the exact syntax for the query? Is it documented
somewhere cause I can't seem to find it...

> I would also like to take part in documenting the features in an
objectmodel, who can tell me where I can join?