[mapserver-users] Problem with PHP MapScript

Jeff Berry jeffb at erlandsen.com
Mon Oct 21 10:30:43 EDT 2002

Sure glad to see the list back!  With it down as long as it was, it makes
you realize what a great resource this is.

I'm having trouble with getting PHPMapScript running. When I try to run the
Gmap demo for PHPMapScript, I get the following
error...

Warning: MapServer Error in msGetLabelSize(): Could not find/open font in
/alpha/mapserver/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.php3 on line 548

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/alpha/mapserver/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.php3 on line 549

On reviewing the output from 'make', there is a warning when gcc tries to
compile maplabel.c which reads:

maplabel.c: In function 'msInitFontSet':
maplabel.c:120: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
maplabel.c: In function 'msFreeFontSet':
maplabel.c:131: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

I'm running RedHat Linux 7.2 and have Freetype2 installed.  I'm not sure how
to fix this.  Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Jeff Berry
Erlandsen & Associates
P.O. Box 2029
Chelan, WA 98816