[Mapserver-users] Projection woes, Revisited.

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Tue Feb 4 12:17:17 EST 2003

OK, I'm still unable to do a datum shift between NAD27 and NAD83.

I've tried to strip out all of the non-essentials and come up with an
example. You can view it on-line at:

http://207.250.243.23/projtest/projtest.html

Basically, I can reproject data FINE when it's in the same datum. It's when
I try to do a datum shift that things don't work. I'm using one of the
pre-compiled binaries from the MS site. Here's my version info:

MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Could the problem be with the way PROJ4 was compiled into this binary? The
PROJ4 FAQ has some specific instructions for building PROJ4 to support datum
shifts... (see http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/faq.html). I don't know how
to check this on the binary...

TIA!

Chip