[Mapserver-users] How to label points with attributes from Mysql-DB

Lionel Bargeot l.bargeot at educagri.fr
Thu Feb 13 04:07:07 EST 2003

Le jeu 13/02/2003 à 09:08, Geo-IT-GmbH a écrit :
> Hi list,
Hi, have a look in a previous thread (the last ten thread of the list)
with subject "ODBC connection data entry" . In my mail there is an
example interessant for you.

> I have a point shapefile (weather stations) and a Mysql-database with lots
> of attributes for every point (weather-data, updated every 30 minutes).
> Shapefile and database have a common field.
> I want to label the points with attributes from the Mysql-DB.
>
> Can somebody give me a hint, how this can be done ?
The way we found is to produce on the fly the shapefile and it's
attribute DBF file. The database we use is postgresql, and you need
php4-dbase module to create and populate the dbase file.

Regards

Lionel
--
AgrogeomaTIC
CNERTA-ENESAD, 4 rue champs-prevois, batiment grand-champs, 21000 Dijon