[Mapserver-users] Compile Problems 3.6.4, nightly with Solari s8

Madere, Colin colin.madere at ieminc.com
Mon Feb 17 13:26:50 EST 2003

Oliver,

I didn't get that error with Sol8, gcc 3.2 and bison 1.875 with the 3.6.4
release.

However, I cannot compile with MapScript support (without MapScript works
fine it seems, got the CGI to respond correctly though the demo doesn't work
because of missing GIF support) since the configure script does not work
correctly (on my setup at least).  The makefiles in the MapScript directory
try to use "cc" even though the rest of the build correctly uses "gcc".
Simply changing the compiler used in the makefile gives other errors due to
difference in compiler options... so I'm still stuck without MapScript
support.

My configure options:

./configure --with-postgis --with-gd --enable-force-freetype1
--with-php=/<php source dir>/ --with-proj --with-wmsclient --with-gdal

I also, after configuring had to add " -lstdc++" to the end of the variable
"STATIC_LIBS" in the Makefile in the root src dir and that seems to have
fixed the linking problem.

Colin