[Mapserver-users] No help from developers regarding configure/compile issues?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 18 17:00:06 EST 2003

"Madere, Colin" wrote:

> Are there no developers reading this list?
>
> I'm asking since I brought up (what would seem to me) a serious 'configure'
> issue regarding compiling in support for MapScript many days ago and have
> received zero response.

The developers are listening, but since we all receive hundreds of
emails per day related to MapServer and other projects we may not be
able to answer every question (but we sure wish we could make sure every
single question is addressed).  BTW I've seen that you answered a few
compilation questions yourself in the last few days and that's great,
thanks!  :)

> I get the following error when running make:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/spool/build/mapserver-3.6.4/mapscript/php3'
> cc -xO3 -xdepend   -I. -I.. -KPIC -O2  -Wall -DCOMPILE_DL=1 -DPHP4
> make[1]: cc: Command not found
> make[1]: *** [php_mapscript_util.o] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/spool/build/mapserver-3.6.4/mapscript/php3'

Try adding the following option to your MapServer configure:
--enable-internal-ld-detect

This uses a different method to set the LD command to link
php_mapscript.so and was an attempt to fix the problems that you ran
into.  This new method was experimental in 3.6 and is the default in 3.7

I hope that helps

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca