[Mapserver-users] HELP! Bug in PHP 4.3.x ???

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Feb 19 23:27:21 EST 2003

Hi all,

Has anyone run into this problem before or have any ideas on how to
fix it? This is either a bug or I'm doing something wrong that is not
obvious to me!

I built PHP 4.3.0 and PHP 4.3.1 on two different systems as CGI
modules for mapserver and the PHP_SELF variable is trashed!!!!!

It looks like there is an off by one bug as it has an extra character
in front of what should be the first character. Check out the
following link:

http://209.113.211.219/web2/info.php

You will notice that all the images are broken because the phpinfo()
function uses the value to reference itself and you can see it below
in the PHP variables:

PHP_SELF
_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]

Here is how I configured it: