[Mapserver-users] Save view as shapefile

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 25 13:42:06 EST 2003

Nothing out-of-the-box if that's what you're looking for. All the tools
are certainly there
to do it via MapScript, at least with shapefiles. The functionality
really boils down to a
query and you can save selected shapes to a new shapefile with no
problem (cliiping
is not supported however). It would be pretty easy to write a Perl
script to do this in
a generic fashion.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch> 02/25/03 12:24PM

Hi everybody,

I read about the PDF-export. Very interesting feature.

In the same context I would like to ask if somebody knows a way to save
the
current view (from a user perspective) in the original format, i.e.
TIFF
and Shapefile. I know that this feature exists with ArcIMS. It is a
very
neat one if one wants to enable users to download customized views. Is

there a "clip by rectangle/view" function or something similar?

Thanks for any reply,

Stefan

         _______________________________________

         Stefan Schwarzer