[Mapserver-users] Printing from ie 5.00.2614

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Thu Feb 27 05:36:06 EST 2003

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 18:57, randy james wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone experienced problems printing from internet
> explorer? The images i print out have a black
> background with the vectors white. I do not know where
> to start looking; is there some html tags i can use to
> get the colors to print and get the black off. Or i've
> tried changing the settings in explorer with no luck
> so far. Or is the problem the png format, not been
> compatable with IE 5.00.2614?

Randy,
as far as I remember (can't find back where I read it though...) IE did have
problems printing png's, or maybe only png's with transparancy. The fact that
they print alright from another program already suggest that the failure is
IE's, not mapserver's or anything else.
Solutions: upgrade IE, or use another browser, or copy the image to clipboard
if you want to print it and open it in another program, or just plainly save
it to disk and open in another program.
If upgrading IE helps, you know for sure that it was IE's fault.

> I'm sure i had IE version 6 until i reinstalled
> windows, but i never noticed if version 6 was printing
> correctly.
Probably version 6 was printing correctly otherwise you would have noticed, I
suppose....