Antwort: [Mapserver-users] preprocessing 24bit Rasterdata

Gunter.Rieth at stadt.mainz.de Gunter.Rieth at stadt.mainz.de
Wed Jul 9 04:59:18 EDT 2003

hi Christina,
you can use IrfanView also for Batch-Jobs  to make 256 color tiffs

Gruß

Gunter Rieth

Kommunale Datenzentrale Mainz
-Eigenbetrieb der Stadt Mainz-
Hechtsheimer Straße 35
55131 Mainz

Tel:  06131 - 12 - 3557
Fax:  06131 - 12 - 2267
eMail: mailto:Gunter.Rieth at stadt.mainz.de
Notesmail: Gunter Rieth/Dez1/Mainz
URL:http/www.mainz.de

"Christina Biakowski (CCGIS)" <christina.biakowski at ccgis.de>
Gesendet von: mapserver-users-admin at lists.gis.umn.edu
09.07.2003 10:17

An
"Mapserver-Users at Lists. Gis. Umn. Edu" <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
Kopie

Thema
[Mapserver-users] preprocessing 24bit Rasterdata

Hello,
since I am still using Mapserver 3.6, I have to convert my rasterdata
(24bit
orthophotos, TIFF) into 8bit.
Does any of the GDAL-utilities supply this convert-function? I am not very
familiar with image-formats and properties and searching the gdal-site and
the mailing-archive did not help to answer my question.
Or which other tool I could use alternatively to convert my images? (in a
batch-process, because I have quite a lot images to convert. The image
processing program I am using does not support the conversion in a batch.)
Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Christina