[Mapserver-users] Help with getWMSFeatureInforURL()

Udaya Sankar sankar_pillutla at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 10:05:22 EDT 2003

Hello,

     I am trying to set up a cascading map server with
the "Query" feature. Searching through the list, I
found information that I can use
getWMSFeatureInfoURL() to get a URL for a query from a
Cascading Map Server (for WMS layers). I get the URL
but I am unable to find any information on how I
should execute it remotely *and* get back the
attribute data which I then parse and display in my
mapserver.. i.e

 When I query on the cascading mapserver, I get a URL.
When I put that URL in the browser , I am getting the
attribute data (displayed directly in the browser).

  I want to know how I can execute this URL remotely
within a script to get the results which I then parse
and display in my mapserver.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Udaya Sankar P.