[mapserver-users] cannot draw Oracle layer

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 20 15:33:17 EDT 2003

Hi list,

I have problem with rendering an Oracle layer. The layer is correct because
it can be rendered by other webmapping software.

I get an error, regardless of whether I use the built-in Oracle connector
or through OGR.

The error is:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'kwadranten'.

How can I get more debug info, because I have debug on. But I do not see
anything in the Apache logs nor at the client.

Can anybody please help.

BTW about my previous question about the Oracle Spatial boundingbox. I
found out in the source that de bbox is not yet implemented. The values are
just the EXTENT values from the mapfile. No dynamic calculations of
boundingboxes in mapserver for the WMS capabilities yet.

LAYER
  NAME kwadranten
  TYPE POLYGON
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION "OCI:klicatlas/klicatlas at klicdev"
  DATA "select kwadrantnr, geometrie from kwadranten"
  #CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
  #CONNECTION "klicatlas/klicatlas[@KLICDEV]"
  #DATA "GEOMETRIE FROM KWADRANTEN"
  STATUS ON