[mapserver-users] cannot draw Oracle layer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 20 15:50:48 EDT 2003

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have problem with rendering an Oracle layer. The layer is correct
> because it can be rendered by other webmapping software.
>
> I get an error, regardless of whether I use the built-in Oracle
> connector or through OGR.
>
> The error is:
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'kwadranten'.
>
> How can I get more debug info, because I have debug on. But I do not see
> anything in the Apache logs nor at the client.

Bart,

Sorry for not doing anything on your several questions this week.  I have
been intending to spend an hour or two committed to reviewing Oracle OGR
issues but haven't gotten to it yet.

I would suggest you try setting the CPL_DEBUG environment variable to ON
to get substantial quantities of debugging information from OGR (written
to stderr).

The error message is produced msDrawMap() if msDrawLayer() returns a failure
code.  Not very helpful, but at least it indicates which layer failed to render.

Best regards,