[Mapserver-users] Generate a shp

=?gb2312?q?Chen=20Fu?= novalet at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Jun 27 01:21:49 EDT 2003

Hi!
This problem has not directly relation to mapserver,
but i think somebody in the list know how to do it.
I scan a history map, and position some cities
thousands years before. And my program produce a text
file with infomation of latitude, longitude and city's
name.

for example
50, 110, apple
40, 120, banana

How can i make this info into a shp file?
This is only point data up to now. But the next step
of my work will also trace the old kingdom's territory
that will produce some polyline data.

Is there any good tool to generate shp file? Can you
give me some suggestion?

=====
Remote Scensing Satellite Ground Station
Chinese Academy of Science