[Mapserver-users] flash output problem

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 4 10:18:33 EST 2003

The OUTPUTFORMAT defined in the map file seems to be correct. Here is
definition that I took from my test file :

IMAGETYPE swf

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME swf
   MIMETYPE "application/x-shockwave-flash"
   DRIVER swf
   IMAGEMODE PC256
  FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE"
#  FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"
#   FORMATOPTION "FULL_RESOLUTION=FALSE"
END

Saying that, Chameleon was not built to handle flash outputs. It
generally uses the GD format types (png, gif). To be able to handle
Flash output, you generally need to have a Flash application that loads
the data produced my mapserver and do some actions like zooming, ...
  You can not just convert for example a GMAP kind of application to
Flash just by changing the output data.

Later,

baud remi wrote:
> Hi the list,
>
> I wanted to output flash file for vector datas like polygons. (I use chameleon 1.1, ms4w 0.5)
>
> I've set in my chameleon.map file:
>
> In map object:      IMAGETYPE SWF
>
> and an OUTPUTFORMAT:     OUTPUTFORMAT
>                                             NAME swf
>                                            MIMETYPE "application/x-shockwave-flash"
>                                           DRIVER swf
>                                           IMAGEMODE PC256
>                                           FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"
>                                            END
>
> Then, when I lauch my application, no .swf file are written in c:\ms4w\tmp\ms_tmp\
> My application don't load, it's always the "please wait ..." displayed.
> I suppose there is something with drawmap.php which tells that he encoutred problem with .swf files.
> My configuaration for mapserver 4.1 tells that mapscript support swf files.
>
> Do Anyone had a suggestion?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Votre e-mail et vos SMS vous suivent sur Minitel  : 3615 CARAMAIL

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca
http://www.dmsolutions.ca/