[Mapserver-users] flash output problem

Pierre GIRAUD pierre.giraud3 at free.fr
Tue Nov 4 11:41:33 EST 2003

In that way (flash application with tools like zooming...), you must take a
look at the interface proposed (sources available) by Ryan Grant.
(http://132.156.108.209/FlashMap/FlashMapServer.html).
This one does not take advantage of swf output but with little work it
could.

Pierre GIRAUD

> The OUTPUTFORMAT defined in the map file seems to be correct. Here is
> definition that I took from my test file :
>
> IMAGETYPE swf
>

> OUTPUTFORMAT
>    NAME swf
>    MIMETYPE "application/x-shockwave-flash"
>    DRIVER swf
>    IMAGEMODE PC256
>   FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE"
> #  FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"
> #   FORMATOPTION "FULL_RESOLUTION=FALSE"
> END
>
> Saying that, Chameleon was not built to handle flash outputs. It
> generally uses the GD format types (png, gif). To be able to handle
> Flash output, you generally need to have a Flash application that loads
> the data produced my mapserver and do some actions like zooming, ...
>   You can not just convert for example a GMAP kind of application to
> Flash just by changing the output data.
>
> Later,
>

> baud remi wrote:
> > Hi the list,
> >
> > I wanted to output flash file for vector datas like polygons. (I use
chameleon 1.1, ms4w 0.5)

> > I've set in my chameleon.map file:
> >
> > In map object:      IMAGETYPE SWF
> >
> > and an OUTPUTFORMAT:     OUTPUTFORMAT
> >                                             NAME swf
> >                                            MIMETYPE
"application/x-shockwave-flash"
> >                                           DRIVER swf
> >                                           IMAGEMODE PC256
> >                                           FORMATOPTION
"OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"
> >                                            END
> >
> > Then, when I lauch my application, no .swf file are written in
c:\ms4w\tmp\ms_tmp\
> > My application don't load, it's always the "please wait ..." displayed.
> > I suppose there is something with drawmap.php which tells that he
encoutred problem with .swf files.