[Mapserver-users] Problems with tiff

Stefan Wiegand s.wiegand at kdvz.de
Thu Nov 20 05:40:47 EST 2003

--=_alternative 003ADAA1C1256DE4_=

Hello,

I am very confused about using mapserver under debian linux. A few weeks
ago I posted a problem about compiling mapserver with input=tiff. After
some very hard days I reached this result:

MapServer version 3.6.6 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=SHAPEFILE

TIFF prompts at all errors (make install) but a seperate libtiff 'make'
was ok.
(First ./configure in tiff 3.5.7, then ./make in tiff 3.5.7 and then cd
libtiff and ./make. Mapservers configure --with-tiff=../libtiff)

But now, the mapserver does not display the tiffs. When I use a single
TIFF with TFW or an imgtile, the map prompts:

readWorldFile(): Unable to access file. Unable to open world file for
reading.

The tfw and tiff files are in the same directory and there are no
difference in typing the filenames and I have the same mapservice under
cygwin running without any problems with the same datas.

If you have a hint for me (all the same whether large or small ;-)),
please answer

Stefan