[Mapserver-users] Tutorial raster examples on Mapserver 4.0?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 2 22:20:39 EDT 2003

Ann Keane wrote:

> I'm trying to run the 3.5 tutorial examples on a 4.0 mapserver to test
> the GDAL installation.  I can't get the raster examples to work:
>
> http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/tutorial35/s2/s2ex3.html
>
> mapserv -v
>
> MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
> SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
> INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>

> The example works if I remove the raster layer.  I've set DEBUG on and
> tried logging it to a file, but I don't get any errors.  Is there any
> other way to test the installation?

Ann,

Things that may be different now:
  o The way paths to data files are resolved is different in subtle ways.
    Try an absolute path, or relative to SHAPEPATH or relative to the map.

  o World file handling may be slightly different.  Does gdalinfo report
    proper georeferencing for the file in question?  Georeferencing that
    makes sense relative to the map area?

  o Offsite handling is different,  you may need OFFSITE r g b to get proper
    offsite handling.

Good luck,