[Mapserver-users] Tutorial raster examples on Mapserver 4.0?

Ann Keane Ann.Keane at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 3 18:06:19 EDT 2003

Maybe you can see what I'm missing.  I compiled MS3.5 and the original
example works.  Under MS4.0, all I get is an empty png image.  Here's
what I've got for MS4.0.

The map file for ms4.0 is:

NAME S2EX2
EXTENT -97.5 41.619778 -82.122902 49.38562
SIZE 400 300
SHAPEPATH ""

LAYER # Shaded Relief Raster
   NAME "relief"
   DATA
"/httpd/www/programs/2003/neaqs/tutorial35/data/raster/shdrlfi020g_ugl.tif"
  # STATUS DEFAULT  # default does not work
STATUS ON
   TYPE RASTER
   END

END # end of map file

gdalinfo returns:

Driver: GTiff/GeoTIFF
Size is 2066, 1023
Coordinate System is `'
Origin = (-98.607616,49.868450)
Pixel Size = (0.009075,-0.009075)
Metadata:
   TIFFTAG_SOFTWARE=IMAGINE TIFF Support
Copyright 1991 - 1999 by ERDAS, Inc. All Rights Reserved
@(#)$RCSfile: etif.c $ $Revision: 1.8 $ $Date: 2001/01/25 22:04:51Z $
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  ( -98.6076164,  49.8684504)
Lower Left  ( -98.6076164,  40.5847254)
Upper Right ( -79.8586664,  49.8684504)
Lower Right ( -79.8586664,  40.5847254)
Center      ( -89.2331414,  45.2265879)
Band 1 Block=2066x3 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Palette
   Color Table (RGB with 256 entries)

The world file is:

0.00907499999999999970
0.0