[Mapserver-users] Tutorial raster examples on Mapserver 4.0?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 4 12:03:52 EDT 2003

Ann Keane wrote:

> Maybe you can see what I'm missing.  I compiled MS3.5 and the original
> example works.  Under MS4.0, all I get is an empty png image.  Here's
> what I've got for MS4.0.
>

> The map file for ms4.0 is:
>

> NAME S2EX2
> EXTENT -97.5 41.619778 -82.122902 49.38562
> SIZE 400 300
> SHAPEPATH ""
>
> LAYER # Shaded Relief Raster
>   NAME "relief"
>   DATA
> "/httpd/www/programs/2003/neaqs/tutorial35/data/raster/shdrlfi020g_ugl.tif"
>  # STATUS DEFAULT  # default does not work
> STATUS ON
>   TYPE RASTER
>   END
>
> END # end of map file

Ann,

It would appear that GDAL is recognising the georeferencing just fine. The
only questionable thing I can see is the STATUS ON flag.  Does it work any
better with STATUS DEFAULT?  If the problem persists, then I would encourage
you to zip up the .map file, and the TIFF file and the world file and put
it somewhere I can grab it (or upload to ftp://gdal.velocet.ca/pub/incoming).

Best regards,