[Mapserver-users] PostGIS/Mapserv problem with type MULTIPOLYGON.

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Tue Sep 9 09:44:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 02:17:01PM +0200, Thierry Lombardot wrote:
> Dear Mailling list,
> I get a problem with PostGIS/Mapserv:
>
> If a geometry column of a table contains a type "MULTIPOLYGON", I can't
> draw it with mapserv. I tried the types: LINE or POLYGON within my map
> file, but the same error comes up in my apache error_log:
>
> [Tue Sep  9 13:56:22 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
> script headers: /srv/www/cgi-bin/mapserver/mapserver-4.0/mapserv
>
> Do I have to convert multipolygons is separated polygons? Is there a
> PostGIS function to do that?

Are you sure that's the reason? It would help if you send us the mapfile
with the query you're using and how's the data structured on the DB.

Maybe you're missing selecting some data needed by the layer definition
(that has been my experience with that error, it always is something
wrong/missing in the query).

I've drawn multipolygon layers thousands of times with 4.0 and PostGIS
CVS :-)

Good luck,
--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|- at -|]vinko.cl>