[Mapserver-users] Compile Issue - Libiconv

Mark Rodrigo mark at markrodrigo.com
Thu Sep 11 18:50:00 EDT 2003

I've been doing the rounds for sure with the compiling process. RH 8 w
Mapserver
4.x I've got the following error in my Apache error log:

/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared libraries:
libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

when I try http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv I get:

"Internal Server Error

complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, you at your.address and inform them of
the
time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused
the error.

Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) Server at localhost Port 80"

The properties of the file are:
443.1 k binary program. The permissions are wide open.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark