[Mapserver-users] help with annotations

Matt Doggett mdoggett at coas.oregonstate.edu
Mon Sep 22 15:36:53 EDT 2003

Well, I have a single point layer that contains weather station data.  I
currently have it so that the label (actually the 'text' attribute of
the shape object) contains the station identifier. In addition to this,
I also would like to be able to display one, some, all of additional
data like temp, dewpt, winds, etc.
None of the responses so far has suggested annotations so maybe that's
not the direction I need to be going.

matt

AM:

>> I have some point data where I want to display more than one data
value
>in
>> the labels at each data point (eg. Temperature, windspeed, dewpt,
etc).
>How
>> would I do this?  I'm thinking that this would involve annotation
layers
>but
>> I can't find any documentation that says exactly what they are or how
>use
>> them.  Can anyone shed some light on how to use annotation layers?
I'm